Please, be aware that if you intend to stay in the Czechia and you are non-EU citizen, you are required to obtain a visa. Czech visa is issued by the Czech Embassy in your home country where you can also get more information.

The application for visa should be submitted at Embassy after your admission procedure at SU is successfully passed. Students form non- EU countries have to apply for:

  • Schengen (short-stay) visa for the purpose of study, internship or scientific research – approved length of max. 90 days
  • Long-term visa for the study purpose – approved length of more than 90 days and no more than 1 year then you must apply for an extension of the visa
  • Long-term residence permit for the study purpose – approved length max. 1 year then you must apply for an extension of the residence permit.

The visa application contains:

  • Application form
  • Passport
  • 2 photographs
  • Proof of funds
  • Medical travel insurance
  • Confirmation of accommodation
  • Confirmation of acceptance

The confirmation of accommodation and confirmation of acceptance is issued and sent by SU to your address. 

SU participates in the project of Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport called “Student Mode: a concept for facilitating the visa procedure for a specific group of students from third countries”.

Please note that participation in the Student Mode (SM) does not automatically apply to all accepted students. After internal evaluation of all admitted applicants, their entrance examination results and other relevant documents and facts, the faculty staff will create a nomination list and inform the applicants of their enrollment in the SM after admission without delay. Acceptance of student nominations is not within the power of the university and is therefore not guaranteed. The list of candidates nominated by the university must then be confirmed by the Ministry of Education, which has the right to exclude candidates if they do not meet the conditions of the SM or exceed the national quota limits. In the event that an applicant is not nominated for the SM, the applicant should apply for a visa individually at the embassy, outside of this program.