There are two types of IDK validity – electronic and visual.
- It is related to the activation of IDK in the electronic systems of SU or the licensor GTS Alive, s.r.o. (hereinafter referred to as "GTS").
- It lasts for the entire period of study or employment.
- at the end of studies or employment, IDK is deactivated in both SU and GTS electronic systems.
- It is used to verify the validity of the IDK in specific cases where the methods of using the SU or GTS electronic validation system are not available
- It is visibly marked on the IDK and can be extended by so-called revalidation marks.
- The alumni card without the ALIVE license does not need to be extended by re-validation marks, its validity is unlimited and is marked on the card as "Validity from".
- It is necessarily not set at 12 calendar months from the issuance of the IDK.
By IDK type:
Student, Employee and Graduate Card without any license
- The Student and Employee ID is valid until the end of the academic year in which the IDK was issued.
- If necessary or interested, it is extended free of charge by the SU revalidation mark which is valid until the end of the current academic year.
- There is no need to extend the validity of the alumni card, its validity is unlimited and marked on the card as "Validity from".
Cards with ISIC, ITIC or ALIVE licenses
- Their validity is determined by the length of validity of the GTS license, which can be valid for up to 16 months (the period of validity depends on the date of issue).
- The first IDKs with a GTS license for the 20XX/20YY academic year are issued from 1.9.20XX (beginning of the academic year) and are valid until 31.12.20YY (end of the following calendar year). For example, all IDKs with a GTS license for which applications were submitted from 1.7.2018 to 30.6.2019 are valid until 31.12.2019.
- If necessary or interested, it is extended by the revalidation mark of the given gts license valid until the end of the calendar year in which the given academic year ends.
- A student, employee or graduate can prove this type of IDK at SU even if the license is not renewed (expires). IDK remains active in SU electronic systems (although it is already inactive with GTS) and there is no need to apply for a new IDK or SU revalidation stamp.
If it is not necessary to prove the visual validity of the IDK in specific cases, it is not even necessary to extend this validity by means of revalidation marks – IDK does not lose its electronic validity with the end of the visual validity.