on February 22, we will start classes in the summer semester of the academic year 2020/2021. Due to the current epidemic situation and the measures taken, classes will continue in the contactless online mode. This applies to all full-time and part-time students as well as international students. The validity of the measure of the ban on students’ personal presence in classes at Czech universities is currently set for 28/02/2021, however, it is almost certain that online classes at our faculty will continue after this date. Below are the main parameters of the organization of study in the summer semester 2020/2021.
- Classes take place online in the Microsoft Teams environment. Application is available for download at https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads; login with CROlogin@ad.slu.cz and CRO password. Microsoft support and video trainings are available here.
- Online classes take place according to the valid schedule.
- Classes are maximally supported by electronic study materials available in the IS SU or Moodle systems.
- All ongoing activities such as tests, papers, the submission of essays, seminar papers, etc. are also contactless.
- The participation of students in online classes is not monitored or evaluated.
- Students are required to follow the information provided in the eLearning of individual courses and sent to the university email.
- The main faculty building is open on weekdays from 6 am to 8 pm and on Saturdays from 8 am to 2 pm.
- Students can come to the faculty for pre-arranged individual consultations or solve study issues. However, electronic communication is preferred to the maximum extent.
- Room B101 is reserved for individual work of students at the faculty.
- The library operates in pre-order book delivery mode. Students can make book orders by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (including book title, signature/location mark, their full name, date of birth and exact date/time of pick up). After confirmation email, books can be picked up at the library entrance every working day from 9 am till noon. Books shall be returned to the biblio-box, which is located opposite the reception of university dormitories. More information including online catalogue link is available on the website https://www.slu.cz/opf/en/library.
- Students who have a different residence in the Czech Republic are forbidden to stay in university dormitories.
- When staying in the faculty buildings, it is necessary to observe all hygienic measures such as covering the upper respiratory tract with a face mask or respirator, regular disinfection of hands, observance of distances, etc.
On Thursday 25/02/2021 from 10:30 am an online meeting will take place, at which, together with the Vice-Dean for Study and Social Affairs, we will answer any questions regarding classes, examinations, or the functioning of the faculty. The access code to the relevant team in MS Teams is kx6o7ek. Although the situation is not simple and we would like to return to standard classes and personal meetings, I would like to ask you to continue the current very good cooperation between students and teachers in online classes. I would also like to thank you for your responsible behaviour towards yourself and your surroundings, which is proving to be the most effective tool in the fight against the epidemic. At the same time, let me wish you a lot of study success at the beginning of the semester if possible, a good mood and good health.
Prof. Ing. Daniel Stavárek, Ph.D.
Dean of SU SBA