Interested in family businesses, the challenges they face and the possible solutions to these challenges? The Ulysses project initiates to get to know family firms’ specific entrepreneurial situations, create case studies based on these complex problems, and challenge university students to solve them! The project “Ulysses Contest – Digital Student Competition on Family Businesses” is the first digital contest in which students from all over Europe can participate to solve practical problems of local family firms. Participation is a win-win for both sides: Students have the chance to apply their theoretical knowledge from the university. ↔ Family businesses benefit from the proposed solutions and can establish contacts with future graduates and promising specialists.
Time: First round: April 11-25, 2023, Second round: May 2-16, 2023
Final live online presentation: May 23, 2023
Format: Self-paced, Online competition
Group size: 4 students per team (registration possible individually or in pairs)
Methodology: self-paced and task-driven solving of cases in a virtual format
Prizes: 1st place: 3,000 EUR; 2nd place: 1,500 EUR; 3rd place: 500 EUR
Registration Deadline: March 21, 2023
- University of Szeged, Hungary – lead partner, experienced in entrepreneurship education
- Management Center Innsbruck, Austria – experienced partner in entrepreneurship education with well-established relationship in the region
- Free University of Bolzano, Italy – experienced partner with a dedicated center for Family Business Management
- University of Vienna, Austria – experienced partner with a dedicated research group for Family Business internationalization and case study research methodology
- Univations Gmbh, Germany – experienced partner with several lead roles in entrepreneurship education projects
- Agentur fundus Gmbh, Austria – branding, communication and networking agency
This competition is part of a funded Erasmus+ project.