General nurses prepare for performance of specific activities in the area of health care. That includes, among other things, the care provided to children, adolescents, adults and senior in case of acute and chronic health disorders, in case of different somatic and mental problems. The nurses are able to protect, maintain, return and support health of persons and individuals in relation to their autonomy and self-reliance in the area of physical and mental functions. The general nurses are able to adapt the provided care to psychological, social, economic and cultural differences of life of healthy and handicapped persons.
Graduates are prepared
- to carry out highly qualified nursing care in health-care facilities, home-care and community centres
- for independent decision-making in nursing which concerns: health-care, disease prevention, first aid, care for the sick, the disabled and the dying
- to identify and participate in the satisfaction of individual needs of individuals, families and communities in health and disease alike
- to contribute with their knowledge and skills to the professionalization of nursing, and carry out research activities, applying the results of scientific research in their work.
Some contents of the study
- anatomy, physiology, pathology, genetics, internal medicine, surgery, gynecology, pediatrics
- nursing, health-care delivery to patients in internal medicine and surgical fields, health-care delivery to women in gynecology and obstetrics, child care in pediatric nursing
- general and developmental psychology, health-care psychology, ethics and philosophy, communication
- implemented under the supervision of mentors in 36 health-care facilities mainly in the Moravian-Silesian Region
- the best students have the opportunity to attend practical classes at the Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine (IKEM) in Prague and at the University Hospital in Prague-Motol.