The master's degree Computer Science aims at preparation of fully qualified professionals for design, development, use and maitanance of advanced ICT products. The topics include advanced artificial intelligence techniques, robotics and drones, computer graphics, process managemen, supercomputing and more. The graduates are qualified for R&D team leadership in advanced ICT companies, for the Ph.D. study and for academic positions at the universities and research institutes.
The graduate of the proposed study programme will acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of Computer Science mainly in the following topics:
- advanced techniques of development, software engineering, parallel programming,
- image recognition, computer vision, (multi)agent systems,
- deep learning application,
- computer science theory, formal languages, grammars and automata,
- computer systems, computer networks and communication technologies, information systems,
- information security, cyber security, internet of things,
- computer graphics, and more.
Graduates of the Computer Science study programme find opportunities, for example, in the following professions:
- programmer, application developer – desktop, mobile and web, programmer-analyst,
- administrator, designer and analyst of information, database and other computer systems, system analyst,
- programmer and administrator in the field of machine learning, programmer in the gaming industry, programmer of medical applications,
- programmer of autonomous systems, UAVs and applications for IoT/IoE,
- designer and administrator of cybernetic systems including computer networks, infrastructure architect,
- information security analyst in public and private organizations, security consultant, risk specialist, cyber security analyst,
- designer of data warehouses and web interfaces (web developer), etc.
The entrance exam consists of a motivational interview. Applicants are usually asked about previous work and projects in computer science and practice, ideas about the topic of the thesis and motivation for studying in the Czech Republic and Opava. We also assess the aplicants' language skills, as the language of the programme is English.