Please, be aware that if you intend to stay in the Czech Republic and you are non-EU citizen, you are required to obtain a visa. Czech visa is issued by the Czech Embassy in your home country where you can also get more information.
The application for visa should be submitted at Embassy after your admission procedure at SU is successfully passed. Students form non- EU countries have to apply for:
- Schengen (short-stay) visa for the purpose of study, internship or scientific research – approved length of max. 90 days
- Long-term visa for the study purpose – approved length of max. 6 months then you must apply for an extension of the visa
- Long-term residence permit for the study purpose – approved length max. 1 year then you must apply for an extension of the residence permit.
The visa application contains:
- Application form
- 2 photographs
- Proof of funds
- Medical travel insurance
- Confirmation of accommodation
- Confirmation of acceptance
The confirmation of accommodation and confirmation of acceptance is issued and sent by SU to your address.
SU participates in the project of Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport called “Student Mode: a concept for facilitating the visa procedure for a specific group of students from third countries”. It’s a concept of visa facilitation for students-foreigners from selected third countries who are admitted to study at higher education institutions in the Czech Republic and at the same time they are enrolled in the Student Mode.
The enrolment in the Student Mode is done by SU and students from selected third countries are informed about it. The selected third countries are:
Czech Embassies abroad: http://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/diplomatic_missions/czech_missions_abroad/index.html
Conditions for obtaining visa to the Czech Republic: https://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/information_for_aliens/index.html
In connection with the epidemy of COVID-19 the new rules for entering the territory of the Czech Republic and quarantine measures has been issued by Czech Ministry of Health. More information about the current rules is available at https://www.mvcr.cz/mvcren/article/coronavirus-information-of-moi.aspx