We are slowly approaching the end of the semester and the beginning of the exam period. I would like to thank you for your cooperation so far in the implementation of online education and wish you much success with the exams. Due to the current situation, when anti-epidemic measures are loosening and some steps also concern the field of education, I would like to inform you about the basic parameters of the organization of studies at the School of Business Administration in Karviná. I would emphasize in particular the fact that classes for all students will be carried out exclusively online until the end of the winter semester, as has been the case so far. The faculty will not use the possibility of face-to-face classes for groups of up to 20 first-year students.
- Classes until the end of the winter semester take place online in the Microsoft Teams environment. Application is available for download at https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads; login with CROlogin@ad.slu.cz and CRO password. Microsoft support and video trainings are available here.
- Online classes take place according to the valid schedule.
- Exams and course-credits can be taken online or face-to-face at the faculty. The course guarantor decides on the form of the exam. In the case of face-to-face testing, it is necessary to respect valid measures. Currently, the presence of a maximum of 10 people with sufficient spacing is allowed in the room.
- Classes are maximally supported by electronic study materials available in IS SU or Moodle systems.
- All ongoing activities such as tests, papers, submission of essays, seminar papers, etc. are also carried out contactless.
- Students are required to follow the information provided in the e-learning of individual courses and the one sent to their university email.
- The main building of the faculty is open until the end of the winter semester on working days from 6 am to 8 pm and on Saturdays from 8 am to 2 pm.
- Students can come to the faculty for pre-arranged individual consultations or solve study-related issues. However, electronic communication is preferred to the maximum extent.
- Room B101 is reserved for individual work of students at the faculty.
- The library operates in pre-order book delivery mode. Students can make book orders by sending an email to email@example.com (including book title, signature/location mark, their full name, date of birth and exact date/time of pick up). After confirmation email, books can be picked up at the library entrance every working day from 9 am till noon. Books shall be returned to the biblio-box, which is located opposite the reception of university dormitories. More information including online catalogue link is available on the website https://www.slu.cz/opf/en/library.
- Students who have a different residence in the Czech Republic are prohibited from staying in university dormitories.
- All hygienic measures must be observed during the stay in the faculty buildings.
- Catering: Students can have 2 discounted meals daily (18 CZK off for a warm meal, 8CZK off for a cold meal/snack) by presenting their student cards at selected restaurants located within a few metres from the faculty building:
- Further information on the organization of studies in the winter semester can be found in the Dean's Decision No. 12/2020.
- Nationwide measures for the functioning of universities are listed in the Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic of 30 November 2020 No. 1263. Resolutions of the Government of the Czech Republic and extraordinary and protective measures of the Ministry of Health are available at https://koronavirus.mzcr.cz/en/extraordinary-and-protective-measures-and-recommendations/.
Prof. Ing. Daniel Stavárek, Ph.D.