Based on Extraordinary Measure No. 26/2020 of the Regional Hygienic Station of the Moravian-Silesian Region based in Ostrava the School of Business Administration in Karviná is obliged to switch from 05/10/2020 to contactless online classes. This measure applies to all Bachelor's and Master's degree programs in full-time and part-time forms of studies, as well as international students. The validity of the measure is currently set until 18/10/2020, however, online classes may continue after this date. Here are the main parameters of the organization of studies from 05/10/2020.
● Classes take place online in the Microsoft Teams environment. Application is available for download at https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads; login with CROlogin@ad.slu.cz and CRO password.
● Online classes take place according to the valid schedule.
● Electronic study materials available in the IS SU or Moodle systems maximally support classes.
● All ongoing activities such as tests, papers, submission of essays, seminar papers, etc. are also carried out contactless.
● Students are required to follow the information provided in the E-learning of individual courses and sent to the university email.
● The main faculty building is open on weekdays from 6 am to 8 pm and on Saturdays from 8 am to 2 pm.
● Students can come to the faculty for pre-arranged individual consultations or solve study-related issues. However, electronic communication is preferred to the maximum extent.
● Room B101 is reserved for individual work of students at the faculty.
● The library is open according to standard opening hours and offers all services. More on the library's website https://www.slu.cz/opf/en/library
● The dormitories are fully operational.
● When staying in the faculty buildings and the library, it is necessary to observe all hygienic measures.
● Catering: Students can have 2 discounted meals daily (18 CZK off for a warm meal, 8CZK off for a cold meal/snack) by presenting their student cards at selected restaurants located within a few metres from the faculty building:
● Further information on the organization of studies in the winter semester can be found in the Dean's Decision No. 12/2020.
Although the situation is not simple, I believe that thanks to good cooperation between students and teachers, we will be able to manage it successfully. I would like to thank you in advance for it and at the same time wish you much success in your studies and good health.
Prof. Ing. Daniel Stavárek, Ph.D.