We offer both Bachelor, as well as Master study programmes.
Bachelor Studies (3 years)
- Czech Language nad Literature (Completus, Major, Minor) – students can study Czech studies as the only subject or as major/minor subject combined with English, German amd Italian studies or History.
- Library Science – students obtain the education in librarian processes as well as various information sources used for the general public.
- Cultural Dramaturgy – students are provided with information on theatre studies, management of cultural activities and dramaturgy.
Master Studies (2 years)
- Czech Language and Literature – the programme broadens the Bachelor studies and offers specialised subjects like historical linguistics, various literary seminars etc.
- Library Science (with specializations: Community Libraries, Information Studies) – students obtain information on the management and organisation of community and information centres and various specialised departments which provide librarian services to the general public.
We also provide extra-mural studies in the Bachelor programme of Czech Language and Literature, and in the Bachelor as well as Master programmes of Library Science.
Our graduates find their positions easily, especially those of the programme of Czech Literature, with its wide range of subjects (relation of literature to music, film and visual arts, screenplay, production preparation and edition practice). Such a combination of issues makes them ideally suited to editor‘s offices and publishing houses. The graduates of the programme Library Science, in which the students learn more comprehensive and practical computer science skills, are also in high demand.