Faculty Structure and Authorities
Dean: Prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Stuchlík, CSc.
Mgr. Marie Crhová, Ph.D.
Vice-dean for Science and Foreign Relations
Prof. PhDr. Irena Korbelářová, Dr.
Vice-dean for Education Issues and Organisation
RNDr. Tomáš Gráf, Ph.D.
Vice-dean for Information and Development
Faculty of Philosophy and Science
Silesian University in Opava
Bezručovo nám. 1150/13
746 01 Opava
Phone: +420 553 684 241
Other parts of the faculty include the Dean‘s Office with its workplaces and the Office of the Faculty‘s Registrar.
The Self-governed Authorities are: Senate, Dean, Academic Council of the Faculty and Disciplinary Committee. Another authority is represented by the Registrar. The Academic Community of the faculty consists of academic staff and students.
- Ing. Josef Svoboda - registrar
- PhDr. Petr Vojtal - chairman of the Faculty Academic Senate
Institutes and Cabinets
- The Institute of Archaeology
- The Institute of Computer Science
- The Institute of Creative Photography
- The Institute of the Czech language and Library Science
- The Institute of Foreign Languages
- The Institute of Gastronomy, Spa Management and Tourism
- The Institute of Historical Sciences
- The Institute of Physics